Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join two datasets and overlay values rather than duplicate them

NadiaFS
7 - Meteor

Hi Community

I have combined my original dataset with another dataset using the Join tool (with the Common name of 'Other Assets').

This gives me the exact Output I need for that particular row ('Other Assets') and adding a value into a 'Reclass Adjustment' column, which I then want to rejoin to my Original Dataset using the Union tool.

However, I want to overlay the 'Other Assets' row when Union-ing the 2 datasets as opposed to Duplicating this row.

I cannot use the Unique tool, as I have other Descriptions that Repeat that I require (e.g. 'Intercompany' and 'third party'), I just want to overlay when Union-ing particular data which may change slightly every quarter. 

How do I do this?  Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @NadiaFS , 

It is difficult to capture what you mean from the description.

Is it possible to share the whole workflow with data?

Because I cannot get the reason why you need to "rejoin" the data.

Is there anything you cannot do it with Join at once?

NadiaFS
7 - Meteor

@Yoshiro_Fujimori  here you go! I had to strip the data so nothing proprietary was in there. You will just need to update the Workbook in the 'Balance Sheet Prep' container. Thank you for taking time to look at this. 

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @NadiaFS ,

Thank you for the workflow and data.

I understand you want to add "Reclass Adjs" values to the output of Multi-Row Formula tool "CTR Summ" below.

Extract from your workflow (simplified)

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1683418866109.png

If so, it seems that one Find Replace tool can serve for the purpose.

The above part can be replaced by the workflow below.

Workflow

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1683419185774.png

Find Replace tool configuration

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1683419162355.png

Output

Yoshiro_Fujimori_3-1683419262455.png

I hope this helps.

NadiaFS
7 - Meteor

@Yoshiro_Fujimori  thank you! I tried 'find and replace' before but it didn't work. Now with the way you laid it out, it worked perfectly.  Much appreciated for you taking time to go through this for me. 

Labels