Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join - False results

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have the following workflow

AlteryxGallop_0-1683752064342.png

The counts from source 1 is 3271 and from source 2 is approximately 290. I want to get counts same as the left input of 3271 and 

reflect the Sum of 31882727 as the final outcome after the join.

AlteryxGallop_1-1683752138579.png

However, the final result I get at the last browse tool is 30306677.38 which is incorrect. Can you please help since I want to join the sources just for the text column mapping.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
terry10
12 - Quasar

@JDong   We can't see the source files unless you package them with the workflow (Options--> Export Workflow). But from your description, it sounds like you want to do a left outer join by unioning the J and L outputs (not the J and R as shown in your picture).

If your counts are still off after fixing the join, check that the field you are joining on doesn't have and duplicates or null values.

Does this answer your question?

JDong
8 - Asteroid

@terry10 

Sorry here are the source files.

Please advise

terry10
12 - Quasar

@JDong 

The solution is attached. Two things needed fixing. (1) remove duplicate codes "system363" from Source2; (2) Union L and J anchors.

JDong
8 - Asteroid

@terry10 unable to open since I use older version...thanks

Raj
15 - Aurora

hope this help.

JDong
8 - Asteroid

@terry10 @Raj Thanks it worked! Trivial it seems but difficult to identify the root cause

Labels