Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Jira Connector

CoreyS
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community,

I need your help!

What is the best troubleshooting method to get Jira 'projects' to load when using the Jira Connector?

I attempted many times with no luck.

Configuration:

alteryx_jiraconnector_noProjects.png

Thanks for your help in advance!

Respectfully,

Corey

7 REPLIES 7
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @CoreyS 

I would recommend you reach out on the below post as the Jira Connector tool was created by a 3rd party.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/JIRA-Connector/td-p/51562

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
CoreyS
8 - Asteroid

@TrevorS thanks for your guidance!

Respectfully,

Corey

missgina
7 - Meteor

I'm having the same issue.  My project name is 0 also.  Did you get any resolution to this?

I'm wondering if you must be owner of the JIRA project to get the name, vs. just having access to it?

Gina

CoreyS
8 - Asteroid

Hi @missgina ,

When using the Jira tool, I determined that the reason my project name was coming up as "0" is because the API I was trying to use to connect to the data was restricted on the database side.

Hope this helps!

Respectfully,

Corey

missgina
7 - Meteor

Were you using the connector tool mentioned in this post?  How did you update the API used?

Is this part of the token you generate or the connector tool?  What did you change to get it to work?

TIA

CoreyS
8 - Asteroid

Hi @missgina ,

Unfortunately, I had to talk with the IT team at the company to find alternative ways to access the data within its storage environment. As a result, I did not use any Alteryx tool.

The story...(sequence of events)

1. First, I attempted to use the Jira Connector tool for Jira project data access via Alteryx.
  2. Next, I found out that I could not access the data in Jira using the Jira Connector tool (restricted API access).
  3. As a result, I had to contact the company IT team to find alternative solutions to access the data. Finally, one of those solutions was to request access to a local data warehouse within the company structure and go direct via SQL query; instead of using the Jira Connector tool API.
  4. Finally, when the access request is approved, I will then use the Input Data tool with the newly created SQL query to access the data from the data warehouse in Alteryx workflow.

Hope this helps!

Respectfully,

Corey

missgina
7 - Meteor

Thanks for that info.  I may try that route also

Gina

Labels