Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Iterative macro for API Call to Azure DevOps (Error transferring data message)

mtwilliamson
7 - Meteor

I'm close to getting my interactive macro working for looping thru the Continuation Token that is passed back from an API call to Azure DevOps.  But I'm getting the below error that I can't resolve. 

Error: Iterative Macro (Continuation Token) (79): Iteration #1: Tool #3: Error transferring data: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
Info: Iterative Macro (Continuation Token) (79): 0 iterations were run.

Here is the interactive macro.  Any assistance would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @mtwilliamson 

I find iterative macros a little tricky to debug - so what I do is build them as regular old Alteryx flows first - and instead of Macro Inputs, I use a regular input tool bringing in data from "Input.yxdb", and for the macro outputs I'll have the iterator leg overwriting "Input.yxdb", and the results leg going to a browse tool.

This way - you can simulate the behaviour of an iterative macro - every time you run it, it's as if you've done one additional iteration in the macro.

(Alteryx doesn't offer any way natively to debug iteration 2 onwards of an iterative macro - so this is the only real way to simulate it)

Labels