Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issues with Filter results with double datatype

gelvira
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I am using a very basic filter and noticed some issues. I am filtering my data on ---  [Price] > [Ask_px]

I used a select tool to make sure both the columns' data type is double

My data is big and more than 90% rows give correct result except some. I am attaching a screenshot of that. 

Issue: I am getting some data where my Price = Ask_px. 

I tried the same thing on a sample worksheet and the filter works but fails with big data. If I use datatype 'Fixed Decimal' then it worked. 

I only have data till 2 decimal places & double should have worked. Can anybody help me understand what is going on? 

Extra:

The only unique thing in this workflow is I am getting some processed data from python dataframe with float datatype for Ask_px column which automatically get converted to double when I bring it in alteryx. 

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Seems there have been similar issues before, due to the level of precision that the filter may be getting applied on. Does it still happen if you use round([PRICE], 0.01) and round([Ask_px],0.01)? If so, may be one to report unless I'm missing something super obvious!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Comparison-issue-quot-Double-Double-qu...

gelvira
7 - Meteor

Thanks @DataNath . I appreciate it. 

Using round works but it's like fixed decimal datatype. 

In my use case ideally I would want the flexibility to not round the decimals and look at edge cases as well. 

I am wondering why double on it's own doesn't work. 

Labels