Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with users not seeing the workflow dependency for a macro

wwatson
12 - Quasar

I have a workflow with a Macro which is stored on a file server folder that is share with a colleague. Both of us have the same access to the file server.

wwatson_0-1580834252871.png

When I look at the workflow dependencies in Designer I can see the following dependencies:

wwatson_1-1580834390279.png

I can see the In-DB connection, the 2 output tools and the Macro.

My colleague can only see the following dependencies when he opens the same workflow from the same folder:

wwatson_2-1580834510889.png

Designer is not showing the dependency for the macro when he opens the workflow.

This seems to be causing issues when he adds the macro to a workflow and saves it. If he does that the macro errors when anyone else tries to open the workflow as the path to the macro seems to be lost.

Can anyone shine any light on how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

While Alteryx Designer can have issues with missing dependencies (*cough*), I think the problem here is the broken macro dependency, not the In-DB connections. I operate in a similar environment, where I share workflows with my colleagues and we all have access to shared network drives that hosts macros and such.

Here's a question: Do you or your colleague have that macro or that macro's folder added to their toolbar? This would be done with Options>User Settings>Edit User Settings>Macros. If so, remove it and try again. 

wwatson
12 - Quasar

Thank you Charles that was exactly it.

Now we know that we have resolved the issue and know how to avoid it in future.

Another 'feature' we have to manage.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

This certainly looks like a defect, I will look into it to see if we can resolve it. That said, can you confirm you have tried this in the latest Alteryx Designer version 2019.4? We made some improvements to the dependency manager recently.

Labels