Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issue with numbers when merging files from SAP

benmillea
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to merge a load of files that I have downloaded from SAP but I can't seem to standardise the number fields. On download from SAP, numbers in the same field are displayed in different formats. For example, in one field I have values of:

The numbers that are displayed with decimals and a comma are being stripped on output to only show what came before the comma. So the above example is being output as:

I've tried all of the different data types in the Select tool but I can't seem to figure out a solution. Any ideas welcome! Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
TGreen
5 - Atom

Hi, Ben!

By my experience, this can occur when there is multiple data types in the field. Did you check for any strings or dates posted in the field and also if you didn't import the SAP file with field names as values?

If it's not the case, you could generate through the Formula Tool a "converter field", passing the original field as String and using the formula ToNumber(x) to make it a number, formatting then into the data type that suits you better.

benmillea
7 - Meteor

Hi and thank you for your reply. I think I've found a workaround - as it only seems to be records with a comma that are affected, I've built in a formula to remove them and it seems to be solving the issue. I've a few checks to run but it looks okay so far.

Labels