Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issue with no data returned in new column added using formula tool

nicnac_1
5 - Atom

I have a workflow where I am trying to incorporate a new column that will bucket data in another column to a different name. I created an expression using the formula tool to add a new column then list in the expression what fields need to be changed to the specified name. For some reason no data is being returned in the new column created.  I do have multiple cells that need to be changed to another name, but testing it out with cells that have a particular name to see if I can get it to return the end result I expect to see.

What do I need to do to get the expected results? Also, is there a better tool to use where I don't have to create multiple expressions to create a new name for each cell since my file is very large? 

I have attached a screenshot of my workflow and the formula I am using to create the data I want to see.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@nicnac_1 Make sure that the if condition satisfies the data. if that is true then only you will get data in the new column

nicnac_1
5 - Atom

How do I know if the condition satisfies the data?  What do I need to check?  When I run the workflow I don't get an error message.  

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@nicnac_1 check the field [91 Hierarchy Level 6 Description] has the value "GLOBAL TRANSACTION SERVICES" if it is there then the new field should populate with "BANKING"

nicnac_1
5 - Atom

The value "GLOBAL TRANSACTION SERVICES" is in the [91 Hierarchy Level 6 Description] field, but the new field won't populate with Banking.  The new field is blank after the workflow has been run.  That is why I am not understanding what is happening.  Any other thoughts on what could be happening?

Labels