Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with join

Sunitha
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I'm trying to join 2 files, where i have 2 columns related to market name (1st file).

Sunitha_0-1668687151681.png

currently i'm facing issue with Null for Cancat column, below is example of duplicates. 

Sunitha_2-1668687673298.png

Please help with join.

6 REPLIES 6
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Sunitha 

What's your objective here? Can you provide an example of your desired output? Do you truly need to do the join on 7 fields? I'd also suggest using the regular join tool so you can review fall outs. 

Sarreddy
9 - Comet

Hi @Sunitha  

From the Data Set1 count : 4451
               Data Set2 Count : 2491

Total  Count;  6942

Here my question is how you can say you will get a duplicates? 
If you need unique records from the join output use unique transformation.

thanks,

Ajith Reddy

Sunitha
8 - Asteroid

Hi Luke,

My goal is to join all records from 2 files and extract closing balance (from file 2) in this case for Bulgaria for both Booking Market and Market Destn. so far i'm able to see results for Booking Markets only but not for Market Destn (these 2 columns are from file1).

Thank you.

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sunitha,

You r join isn't working because your "Cost of Sales" input doesn't actually have any Material Numbers in it, every value just says "#" which is why it isn't working.

You also don't need to join on both the codes and the descriptions in each case.

Regards,

Ben

Sunitha
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Ben,

could you please suggest if there is any work around for that.

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sunitha,

It depends whether you actually need the material numbers or not, if you do then I suppose you're going to have to get an updated input with the correct information in. If not you could just join on the common fields you have.

Regards,

Ben

Labels