Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issue Facing while running the Input step in Alteryx with excel.

Shashikant
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am new to Alteryx and trying to workflow by adding excel file to input step, below is the steps i follow.

1) I have one report in powerBI which contain 10 rows, i have downloaded that file.

2) Then open the Alteryx desktop, select Connect a File or Database and select the xlsx file and run.

3) But when i ran the input step i am getting error message 

SHEET1 DOES NOT MATCH A SHEET OR NAMED RANGEIN FILENAME.XLSX OR THE FILE IS CORRUPTED.

Strange part is the when i manually open the excel file that i download form power BI and save it then it starts working.

When ever i download the excel file from power bi i have to open once and then close it, then only its working.

Hope you guys understand my issue. Could you please help me on this.

Thanks,

Shashikant

3 REPLIES 3
Manoj_k
9 - Comet

hi @Shashikant sometime when you download the excels files from a different tool it consist of some hidden formatting, instead of the direct using input tool to bring the data , use a formula tool [Filename] = XLSX In([Path to Excel File]) and use this forumla.

Shashikant
5 - Atom

Hi Manoj,

Could you please provide the steps i did not quit understand what you said. Sorry for that.

Thanks,

Shashikant

Manoj_k
9 - Comet

Hi @Shashikant sorry ijust checked this would be a longer approach where first we bring a excels where all the file path are available and then we choose from those file path for the file you want. 

Labels