Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is this possible? Adjusted spend associated with adjusted date

MFDunnah
5 - Atom

I am trying to make a new column that gets the spend for each Date_1yr that exists in the Date column. I have attached a screenshot of the test data that I have been using. Where the Date_1yr is minus 1 year plus one day difference from Date, adjusted during leap year. I have already written a formula that gets me the date that I want, but I can't figure out how to populate the adjusted spend. So for example, I would want the original date and spend to be matched, and the 1 year adjusted spend to be taken from the original spend column based on where the 1 year adjusted date matches the original date like this:

DateSpendDate_1yrSpend_1yr
2020-01-013002019-01-02250
2020-01-024002019-01-03350
2022-01-011,4002021-01-021,200

I was thinking either a multi-row formula with some sort of expression would work, or a join tool. I haven't had much luck with either. Thank you in advance if you have any suggestions!

3 REPLIES 3
Miles_Waller
8 - Asteroid

You would indeed use join to do this.

Using  your sample data and the attached workflow,you get the desired result. It is not letting me attach a screenshot so just run the attached workflow and see for yourself.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Miles_Waller 
I will do the same😁

MFDunnah
5 - Atom

Thank you!

Labels