Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is this not exactly what an Iterative Macro should be for?

mark007
8 - Asteroid

Good morning everyone!

Continuing on my journey I was completing Weekly Challenge 110 https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-110-Think-Like-a-CSE-Reduce-the-manual-i... , an interesting intro to Interfaces and also as a bonus, macros.  I have no challenge with the Interface piece and as such have completed the weekly challenge without a problem.  The bit I am baffled by is the Iterative Macro.  Understanding the typical use cases, such as the compound interest calculations I thought you would be able to weald Iterative Macros to produce multiple output and append.  It would appear you can only product the end result rather than including Iterative steps.  

Any input in to how I can achieve what I was hoping for USING AN ITERATIVE MACRO would be appreciated.  I can complete it using a batch macro but to be honest, that feels like a fudge and an iterative macro should be far better suited.

Happy Sunday!

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I haven't looked at 110 in a bit - but you can include all of the "steps" in an Iterative Macro (although I personally wouldn't use it for compound interest) - just add an additional macro output after the processing that you want and before the loop. That output will detail everything being looped back in.

mark007
8 - Asteroid

That was an almost embarrassing easy fix!  It just shows how you get blinded by looking at something too long.  Thanks so much @apathetichell  !

Labels