Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there another way to perform IF Contains function with a list of keywords

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I have a file with payment detail and I'm trying strip out the Manufacturer of a product from a Text field into a separate column.  I have used the Contains function within the Formula tool to do this. However, since this is directly coded in the workflow, whenever there is another keyword to search for, I have to go back into the workflow to add it to the formula.  Is there another way I can do this with an input from an excel file so the user can input the new keywords and what it should return?  Thank you!  

Example below:  If the Text field contains any of the words Acrobat, After Effects, Flash Pro, Dreamweaver, Framemaker, or Illustrator, then return "Adobe" in a new Manufacturers field.  Note that this is just one example and there are other keywords that need to return other manufacturers in my actual 50 line formula!  

IF Contains([Item Text], "Adobe") THEN "Adobe"

ELSEIF Contains([Item Text], "Acrobat") THEN "Adobe"
ELSEIF Contains([Item Text], "After Effects") THEN "Adobe"
ELSEIF Contains([Item Text], "Flash Pro") THEN "Adobe"
ELSEIF Contains([Item Text], "Dreamweaver") THEN "Adobe"
ELSEIF Contains([Item Text], "Framemaker") THEN "Adobe"
ELSEIF Contains([Item Text], "Illustrator") THEN "Adobe"

ELSE "" ENDIF

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can use Find Replace tool

DavidP_0-1594767856438.png

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

I knew it had to be something simple that I was just not thinking of!  That totally worked!  Thank you.  

Labels