Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a way to configure Report Text to align in two directions on the same line?

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

So the problem that I'm trying to resolve currently is theoretically simple but I can't seem to get it to function properly.

I'm using Report Text in order to create a header for an Excel output of a file.

The request is that this layout include something like the below:

Type of Request: Monthly                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Report Date: 8/31/2017

With the Type of Request being left aligned, the Report Date being right aligned, and all of this existing on a single line of text.
I know that in HTML, the <span> tag can accomplish this, but I can't figure out how to make this work in the Report Tet tool.

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

To ensure that it dynamically scales to the final output size, I would recommend joining two Report Text tools to create a Layout for your header line. See attached example.

Claje
14 - Magnetar

This was exactly the kick I needed to figure out how to properly set this up!

I was having trouble with the layout tool earlier and so I discarded it as a possible solution - because I had a Title row in my text, so the formatting wouldn't work.

I copied your design and used it one more time, with a Title and a Vertical layout, and that did it.

I attached my workflow for posterity.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Working with reporting tools is typically about 50% reporting tools and 50% joining tools. Have a good one!

Labels