Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a way for Excel Gridlines not to appear on report output?

MelissaNanette
5 - Atom

I created a report on Alteryx for output into multiple tabs in Excel but I want it to not show the gridlines in the page layout.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance :)

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Alteryx output doesn't create configuration options within Excel.  That being said, if you are outputing the data to a "RAW DATA" tab in a known workbook, you can create a PIVOT table that references the "RAW DATA" and customize that pivot to your heart's content.  If you change the pivot table options for data to REFRESH on open, then as Alteryx writes to the file, the user will open to a formatted page.  Writing to a tableau workbook might also solve the problem for you.

If you were writing the data to an ODBC data source, you might create a workbook in EXCEL that is formatted appropriately and connect to the external data.

Just a few thoughts for you.

Thanks,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
dataMack
12 - Quasar

Mark offers a great suggestion and is a good path if you users insist on Excel as a front end point of interaction.

Expanding on Mark's reply- if you don't have an actual database (odbc) to write to, you could also consider having Alteryx output to a .csv data file.  Your Excel 'template' .xlsx file would then connect to that text file by going to the 'Data' > 'Get External Data' > 'From text'.  .csv is an option there and that is your 'data source'

A121093
6 - Meteoroid

Dear 

Labels