Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a way Alteryx can consume input files by dynamically passing in a value.

SrinivasanSugumaran
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have a folder where in there are files of the same format but with different date.(sample attached below). Is there a way i can key in the number of days as a parameter by the user so that alteryx consumes only those number of files.

Input File 2022_01_01.xlsx

Input File 2022_01_02.xlsx

Input File 2022_01_03.xlsx

Say for eg. i create a col. Total days, and if i dynamically update the value as 2 for Total days then my workflow should consume only the first 2 files.

Appreciate your help.

11 REPLIES 11
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@suby , after filtering out the file I have applied a dynamic input tool that will read the full path of the file and give you the output as shown in the screenshot below.

grazitti_sapna_0-1655404870663.png

This will work in case the file structure is the same for all files.

Also, in order to test the app, you must be seeing a wand near the Run button click on that then your workflow will run as an app.

grazitti_sapna_1-1655404982993.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
suby
11 - Bolide

That's great Brilliant solution.

Finally say if i have a folder with the file names like below which has got the Dates in the File Name...

xxxxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxx_xx-xx-xx_2022-06-16xxxxxxxx.xlsx
xxxxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxx_xx-xx-xx_2022-06-15xxxxxxxx.xlsx
xxxxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxx_xx-xx-xx_2022-06-14xxxxxxxx.xlsx

I don't' want an app instead i need a workflow so that i can pick or type in the Dates in the workflow  say if i am interested in yesterday's date then i should be able to type or hard code the date as 2022-06-15 to view the Input Data.

Use Case -

Say i have these files i just wanted to pick specific Input Data file to speed up my Data Investigation  for analysis rather than dropping in a Input Data tool and then connect to specific folder and then choose the file..

- Nice to have

-  these files have multiple sheets with different schema.

-  also say if have an option to choose or type in two dates in my workflow to combine a specific sheet in those two files..

Thanks

Labels