Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is it possible to upload few reports from multiple folders as and when it is updated on th

Sunithaprdp
8 - Asteroid

Can I upload multiple excel format reports to a common template which is a macro enable workbook? Is it possible to create a workflow to do this task for multiple scenarios? Please confirm.

3 REPLIES 3
Kakuffo
Alteryx
Alteryx

HI there

If i understand correctly you would want the data to be loaded into the template and then the macros to do their thing in excel.

This can be achieved using run command tool combined with block until done or simply using the workflow events to run the VBA script after the alteryx workflow has finished processing the data.

Heres a link to a related article on the macros

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Run-Command-Executing-Excel...

Sunithaprdp
8 - Asteroid

@Kakuffo I would like to explain my requirement.

I have 6 reports for multiple programs. For say 6 programs each for 50 programs. For each program there is a template that is required for final assessment wherein which we have to upload those reports specific to each program. Now that is done manually. Can we automate that using Alteryx? Please let me know if I should explain it further.

Kakuffo
Alteryx
Alteryx

Would you be able to replicate the logic you  se to manually specify the reports? Would it be in the existing data ? if so then i would be confident alteryx could get you most if not all the way there. please provide additonal information on the manual part of the process.

Labels