Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Inventory and demand forecast for multiple products using TS FACTORY TOOL

chaithra
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I am new to this software. i have data for 3 years say 2018,2019,2020. which has sales data of 2000products. Need to forecast top selling during christmas period  with quantity . I find TS FACTORY TOOL to forecast it but no luck with it. please help meformay.PNGweekly.PNGconf.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @chaithra 

It looks like a few of the tool settings need to be changed based on your data and description.

- If you intend to forecast product sales (quantity), then the "Target Field" setting should be [Sum_Product_Quantity].

- I would start out by disabling the covariate model estimation (those variables do not appear to be appropriate covariates). Maybe once you get the single variable forecasting working, you could reconfigured the data to test if there's any significant effect of sales of one product based on the sale of complimentary/other products. 

- The grouping field could be either the [PRODUCT_SKU] or the [PRODUCT_NAME] (assuming they are perfectly related), so that setting looks good.

- Based on the daily record values shown in [NewDate], your "Time period type" setting should probably be "Daily (all days)". It's important that if your data doesn't have records for every day to use the TS Filler tool to make sure that's populated. 

Try updating those settings and let us know how it goes. 

chaithra
5 - Atom

Hi charlies ,

But i need to forecast it  weekly how it can be achieved

chaithra
5 - Atom

Hi ,

what am i doing wrong hereerror.PNG

GabrielFsSouza
7 - Meteor

Hi, did you manage to apply?

Labels