Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Invalid Directory when saving to my private Gallery

RachelH
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have a workflow which is picking up files from a company shared drive using a mix of the normal input tool and the directory input joined with a dynamic input (so that it will pick up the correct file each day). This works completely fine in Alteryx Designer but now that I have a private gallery, I want to schedule it to run on its own each day.

When I try and save it, I get an error about an invalid directory as Access is being Denied. I did have this issue with some of my other inputs but got around it by using the Manage Workflow Assets. So the main issue I have is that the file path of the Directory tool isn't being listed as an Asset hence I keep getting the error and cannot run the workflow on the Gallery.

RachelH_0-1589274049076.png

A secondary question would be asking what the Manage Workflow Assets works. My inputs and outputs need to be fairly dynamic as most of them are changed on a daily basis as we have a new folder for each day. My other input is updated on a monthly basis so I also need to know that the updated file will be picked up by the workflow running on the gallery.

I hope my explanation makes sense!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @RachelH ,

You have configured your directory as it should be. The one thing you need to guarantee is that your server where Alteryx Server is installed has access to that shared folder as well. 

About the Assets, everything you check in manage assets tab will be uploaded with your workflow and won't be dynamic. To have all your file as dynamic as possible, you need to uncheck all of the assets and have them all in a shared folder where Alteryx Server can access.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

Labels