Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart not sorting

RemcoV
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I am having trouble with having my Interactive Chart look as I want it to. 

I have a small, sample, dataset with three columns: Kilometers, Splittime and Date.

I'm looking to create a Line Chart with the number of Kilometers, sorted ascending on the X-axis; the splittime sorted on the Y-axis and the Lines split on the seperate dates. 

However, when trying to get this configuration to work, my Y-axis doesn't sort appropriately. 

Please see the attached workflow for an example of the incorrect flow.

Does anyone have an idea on how to sort the column correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kind regards,

Remco

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@RemcoV Can you only sort the Splittime in Ascending order and try again?

binuacs_0-1673942631730.png

Raj
15 - Aurora

This makes the split time in series but does not give any insight as the kilometer is scattered series so it is not a good practice to do so here according to my understanding we need to arrange the split time and kilometer simultaneously

RemcoV
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs

Thank you for your quick response! However, the Y-axsis seems to still not sort appropriately.

@Raj any ideas on how to split time and kilomer simultaneously? As whatever I've tried is still not working. 

Raj
15 - Aurora

I have tried a lot to make the arrangement of the axis but, it was not possible for me as of now 

please let me know if you get the solution for this

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

I similarly had a look at this and couldn't make the times sort correctly on the y-axis.  However I did get it to sort correctly by converting the times into seconds:

Christina_H_0-1674124867281.png

Formula: DateTimeDiff("2020-01-01 "+[Splittime],"2020-01-01","seconds")

RemcoV
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Christina_H ,

Although it is not exactly what I had in mind, it does do the trick. Thank you!

Labels