Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Insight Tool - Filter Issue

jamesfbeard1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I have an insight tool that displays the total number of items created in a specific date. I want to be able to create a filter that, when published, allows the users to drill in to the data so that they filter by different item providers. Whenever I configure the insight filter and attempt to a "select a column" to filter by, the graph I created resets. I don't even get chance to select the column I want to filter by. It does not work at all.

My colleagues are also experiencing the same issue, we are using 2019.4

Thanks

James

7 REPLIES 7
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The problem is, if I understand correctly, that when using Alteryx App functionality, all your selections (with the interface tools) are made before the app is actually executed and applied when you click the finish button.

The only way to overcome this is to break your app into 2 and configure them as chained apps where the results of the 1st app are written to a yxdb file and the 2nd app picks it up and continues.

Hope that makes sense.

jessicathomas
6 - Meteoroid

HI James,

Have you heard anything more about this issue? I am using a single file to build an Insights dashboard off of and when I try to add a filter within the Insight Content Editor, the Filter panel collapses and my charts are deleted. Conversely, I tried to add a filter before building charts and it's still not working. I'm trying on 2020.1.

jamesfbeard1
6 - Meteoroid

Unfortunately, I am still having issues with this and unable to resolve.

Any help would be appreciated.

jessicathomas
6 - Meteoroid

I submitted a ticket to Alteryx Support and it is a known bug in the 2013.4 and 2020.1 releases. If you haven't already I suggest sending an email to support@alteryx.com letting them know of the issue. This way they can attach your support case to the defect and product will be notified.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi everyone,

For those experiencing the same issue, this bug has been fixed in 2020.3 Alteryx version.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

DRomero
5 - Atom

@fmvizcaino, is the fix exclusive to the 2020.3 version? I am running 2020.2.3 version with same issue.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @DRomero ,

Yes, Alteryx doesn't have new releases for old versions, only for the most recent one.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels