Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Inserting Date Parameter into SQL to pull data

recoilx
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a current process where I converted a Workflow to a Workflow App and am using a text box and action tool to prompt the user to enter a date that will feed into the SQL condition and pull data into my workflow.  My question is, if they wanted to use a date range, how can I accomplish this with the stated model?  Do I have to use another tool other than Text Box/Action tool?

4 REPLIES 4
tristank
11 - Bolide

Hi Recoil hope you are well.

Would there be an issue with feeding two action tools into the tool where you are modifying your SQL? I would maybe just put two Date interface tools in and specify which one is for the start / end dates within the app itself. From there it's just a WHERE with two conditions.

app inputs.png

recoilx
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!  I didn't know that was possible!!!

tristank
11 - Bolide

Of course and thanks for accepting the solution! Have a great weekend :D

Taidaisher
5 - Atom

Is there a way to achieve this by using a drop down tool, with pre-selected quarters, to pass the start/end date into the SQL statement?

I'm currently using two Date/Action tools, one to set the start date and the other to set the end date. I would like to be able to set the dates from the drop down selection.

Labels