Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Inputting Alteryx outputs into a Query

mfranchino21
7 - Meteor

I have my Alteryx workflow finished, and I want to put the output data into a query. Please let me know if Alteryx can do this automatically. Here is an example of what I would want...

Alteryx Output:

StoreApplesOrangesPeaches
Walmart432
ShopRite958

Then, I would only want to put the Apples and Oranges data into my query, with each entry looking like this:

Select discussion example

In Apples('4', '9')

and

In Oranges('3','5')

So essentially, I want to get the data into the query following the format 'text,' for each input, and only use data from the apples and oranges row. 
I hope I explained this well lol, any help is appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

You just want a line of text in that format? Why only Apples and Oranges columns? Are they selected by you?

Is this format what your looking for?

In [Column 1]('[Row 1]','[Row 2]','[Row 3]',...)

and

In [Column 2]('[Row 1]','[Row 2]','[Row 3]',...)

and

mfranchino21
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the reply, 

Yes, those columns are selected by me. They would be the only ones in my scope. And yes, in that format.

Thank you

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

MULTI-FIELD FORMULA - convert all of your columns to text using tostring([_CurrentField_]).

next.

split your datastream 

SUMMARIZE 1:

settings concatenate apples

(' ',' ') are your settings

SUMMARIZE 2

settings concatenate oranges

(' ',' ') are your settings

FORMULA tool

add "IN "+your concatenated output

UNION

combine both of your data streams in UNION - I don't care about the order.

SUMMARIZE

concatenate both entries coming out of UNION - use AND as your seperator.

FORMULA tool:

add "Select discussion example " to your concatenated value

mfranchino21
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much!

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

Here is the workflow version of ^

2023-11-15_15-49_Text Output.png

If this is what you were looking for, please mark solution and like, so that others can find information more easily!

mfranchino21
7 - Meteor

is there a way to run the query at the end?  

in the example, it is just two "in" statements, but could i run the entire query that those "in" statements sit in? As in, get those into the query and then run it? 

Thanks. 

mfranchino21
7 - Meteor

is there a way to run the query at the end?  

in the example, it is just two "in" statements, but could i run the entire query that those "in" statements sit in? As in, get those into the query and then run it? 

Thanks

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@mfranchino21 depending on how the rest of your workflow is set up, you can do the following:

1. Connect the Summarize tool to a Drop-Down tool.
  2. Connect the Drop-Down's Q anchor to the lightening bolt anchor of the Input tool that contains your SQL query. This will create an Action tool separating your Drop-Down and Input tools.
  3. In your Action tool, select 'Update Value (Default), and 'Input Data>File (this should be your full SQL query's syntax).
  4. In your Action tool, you can select "Replace a specific string', and find the IN statement you are needing to substitute (see below). Connect a Browse tool to the end see all of the results. Since you are using an Interface tool, your workflow will now become an Analytic App.

Solution.png

Labels