Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Tools Pinging DBs Automatically

PStinger
5 - Atom

I couldn't find anything on this out there (though admittedly my Google-fu may be weak on this one)...

A little background: our DB environments are synced with our Active Directory credentials, and those expire every 90 days, meaning our DB passwords change every 90 days, too. The Input tool automatically attempts to connect to the database when a workflow is opened (which is a pretty handy thing so it can refresh metadata, I assume), but if a workflow has multiple input tools, and the password is expired, my accounts end up getting locked and it's a little bit of a hassle to get everything working again.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

2 REPLIES 2
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@PStinger You can try to disable auto configure in the user settings of designer.

Autoconfigure is the functionality within Alteryx that moves the metadata through the process and allows you to see fields and other information about your records that you need for configuring tools that you add to the canvas. One side affect of this is that when changes are made, Alteryx will read metadata from data sources in order to pass the information down stream to other tools.

If you disable autoconfigure, then changes will only be propagated downstream when the user hits F5 (refresh).  This will make some operations within Alteryx faster as we're not doing updates behind the scenes, but it also leads to some confusing scenarios because changes made to configurations are not reflected in downstream tools.

Options > User Settings > Edit User settings > Advanced Tab in Designer. 

DiganP_0-1579027684481.png

Digan
Alteryx
PStinger
5 - Atom

Thanks! That did the trick.

Labels