Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Multiple Files with Different Schemas / Column Headers

Lawrence_W
5 - Atom

Hi All, 

I have a folder with 8 files (updated daily - but the older files can be deleted), each file has different number of columns ( the ones I need for analysis are the same throughout each file but there are also columns that differentiate between them and if easier I'd like to remove those). 

I'd like to read the data into Alteryx and that's where I'm stuck... possibly union the data together, categorizing them by a word from the file name. I've tried using a batch macro to complete this but cannot find a solution. 

I thought this post could help but I don't have the tool on my work computer version of alteryx (or I'm missing something). 

I've highlighted the columns in blue which remain consistent in different files and grey for one's that change. 

Thanks in advance for your help!!

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Lawrence_W Your macro was not properly configured, I updated the macro and below is the output

binuacs_0-1679004092710.png

Lawrence_W
5 - Atom

Thank you @binuacs !

For anyone that finds this helpful, I had several files with additional tabs I didn't need, luckily the tabs I needed are labeled the same. I used the following formula tool to retrieve data from those tabs. 

Lawrence_W_0-1679063204207.png

Labels