Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Data Once with Multiple Tabs of Data to Multiple flows

JTB76
8 - Asteroid

Hi All - I might have a few follow on questions to this, but here goes for a start.

I have been reviewing past solutions to this but just wondering if there was anything more up to date (and easier to be frank).

I have a large flow that takes several sources of input (from different spreadsheets) and outputs various spreadsheets and emails with PDF's etc..

One of the input spreadsheets (which is the previous months data / comments) has multiple tabs.  At the moment, I have 4 input tools with the same spreadsheet but different tabs selected, that I use for different parts of the flow.  Is there any way that I can list the input spreadsheet once but have the ability to link the individual tabs to the parts of the flow I need?

Thanks 

James

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @JTB76 

You don't mention it here, but I assume that the 4 sheets have not only different schema but different purposes as well so the standard wildcard/macro input methods would merge your data in ways that you don't want.  If so, then the way you have now, four Input tools, is perfectly acceptable.  The only other way you could do it is to feed the file and sheet names into 4 Dynamic Input tools.

Dan

Labels