Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Information: APP that produces an Output every month

neromerob
10 - Fireball

Hello to everyone.

I`m looking for information about how to transform a workflow that I have been working on into and app that runs automatically once a month. (example: every 4th of each month)

I built an Excel template with the format that I need, so when the process is done it fills the File with information.

Example. (File name: Output)

input_output.JPG

The information must go to a certain folder and the Excel (with the info) must be copied with the Month and year.

folder.JPG

I`m quite new using Alteryx so don’t know where to go and where to find find information about how to do just that

Thank You.

1 REPLY 1
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @neromerob, to create a new file with the month name on it you need to first build the file name within the workflow and use this field on the output tool. If you need to keep the same format as the template, you need first to create a copy of the template file with the new file name (with the month in it) using the Run Command tool, then overwrite the content. Finally, if you want this to run automatically every month, you need to save the workflow on the Gallery (Alteryx Server). However, keep in mind that you will need to make adjustments to the approach that copies the template file. I've attached an example here so you can get the idea.

Labels