Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Incremental loads to Alteryx output DB (yxdb)

calloni
9 - Comet

Hello

When I add an output file that is a yxdb I don't see an option in configuration that allows running the output tool as incremental (for example, like we have for hyper outputs).

Is there any alternative to make the yxdb incremental in the same workflow? 

At this moment my alternative is to create two workflows (1) that gets the incremental data and (2) that union the incremental data with the historical data. And later I need to rename the new output to be the name of the input from (2) workflow.

Thanks in advance!
Rodrigo

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It's my understanding that you are correct in that there's no "Append Data" option to saving .yxdb files. The method you described of unioning and saving over the original is the common practice. However, it should be possible to achieve this in the same workflow, making use of tools like Block Until Done. 

If you're looking for something more adventurous, you make be able to use the open source yxdb code to figure out your own method for appending data.

https://inspiringingenuity.net/2015/05/08/alteryx-open-source-yxdb/ 

calloni
9 - Comet

Thanks so much Charlie for quick response.

I am testing the block until done tool right now, it seems to be working as I needed!

Amazing how many tools we have available 🙂

Rodrigo

Labels