Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Inconsistent API Download - Records Transferred :0

pchong
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

I encountered an issue with Alteryx server on API data download.

As you can see from screenshot below, Download (tool ID 2) has successfully read the API address and download 3 records as output.

Image 1 attached

However, when I uploaded this workflow to the server, it was not working, and causing the downstream workflow to fail.

Image 2 attached

However, when I made another workflow with exact same tools, it read the 3 addresses properly and output the 3 records.
Please ignore the tool ID here as this is a different workflow but same API addresses.

Image 3 attached

I do not understand how the same tools can produce different output.

It is a challenge to do scheduling on the server because of the inconsistent runs.

I was using same API addresses, same tools, same configurations.
Can you help me understand what might be wrong here?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

you'd probably need to compre the fiddler logs from your server (or your worker) to see what it's sending. my second question would be "is it possible the API you are hitting - if it is a smaller/non regular API was down for maintenance?"

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/How-To-Capture-a-Fiddler-Trace

pchong
8 - Asteroid

Hi @apathetichell ,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check out the fiddler tool.

For your second question, I would say that is not possible as I was running them basically with a few seconds difference.

Some of them were working on the server, and some were not. However, my workflow always works on my designer.

I am curious to know if the server is running API differently.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

unlikely. are Server and Designer the same version? the common culprit would be the IP address the Server request originates from vs your local address and any issues relating to those two. Thre are also potential issues relating to AMP. 

pchong
8 - Asteroid

Yes, I made sure the version on both Server and Designer are the same since I had another issue relation to version earlier.

Unfortunately, IP address & AMP are too technical for me to debug. 🤣

But I will try to do different tests and see if they do anything.

Thanks!

Labels