Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

In-Database Chained Apps

Blamey4
7 - Meteor

I have looked in the community for examples of In-Database chained apps and unable to find one. Has anyone seen one or have 

4 REPLIES 4
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Blamey4 

I don't see any problem or difference between the construction. if you use macro input and output in-db everything will be stored in the database and the chained workflows will have to fetch the information inside the database instead of local files.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

There are minimal In-DB workflows in comminity because In-DB workflows tend to be organization specific and often contain identifiers to an organization even if they do not contain service account or user credentials. In addition until Snowflake came out with unlimitted free trial accounts - there wasn't really a playgorund for In-DB commands/tools. Also many of these workflows are incredibly complex and REAL TALK: this is a free forum. We are here to help. We are not here to build complicated end to end workflows on spec.

Blamey4
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your reply! apathetichell REAL TALK - I was not asking you too

Blamey4
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much Geraldo!

Labels