Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import multiple tabs with different schema as a separate input file, edit & combine later

Ravi
7 - Meteor

Hi, 
I am new to Alteryx and looking for a way to import multiple Sheets from an Excel file as a separate input and then to extract the data from these individual sheets and later combining them into one file. I have attached a sample Data. 
For ex: I want to import Sheet1, Sheet2 and Sheet3 from the sample file as a separate input and then later to remove data for a single/Multiple salesperson based on Sales person/Sales Region/Region code as these are common across all sheets and then later to combine them in to one sheet

The main aim is to remove data/rows for single/multiple sales person from all sheets. Please help! Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ravi ,

I've built a couple of tools to do exactly this.

The first tool loads in the sheet names and appends them to the filename.

The second loads them all in dynamically and unions them together.

I've attached the tools and an example workflow.

Simply save the .yxmc files into your macro folder.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Ravi
7 - Meteor

Thanks @mceleavey  It worked!!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

adluayon
7 - Meteor

@mceleavey 

Hi, Im new to Alteryx then i want to get the excel data by sheet name dynamically but some sheets has different schema. Any tips how to use this tool. I really don't have any idea about macro. Thanks

Labels