Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import data and run Analytics App as user with no license

Cela
8 - Asteroid

Hey everyone,

I built an app for a project and would like to make the workflow in form of the app accessible to certain colleagues. We are hosting Alteryx Servers but I am unfamiliar with the uploading and publishing process.

So the first question would be if there is a guide that I happened to overlook for this and if not, could someone explain it briefly? I would highly appreciate it.

The other part of my question would be if my colleagues with no license could open the app via Alteryx Server, import the input as advised on the interface and then run it.

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Cela

To the first part of your question, there is some documentation here: https://help.alteryx.com/20221/server/use-alteryx-server-ui

At its most basic, Alteryx Server can host your workflows, run them automatically, and make them accessible to other users. To upload a workflow, you can choose 'Save As' in Alteryx Designer and select to save to Alteryx Server:

image.png

You can then navigate to this workflow on the server and run / schedule it from there.

To the second part of your question, YES, they can run workflows on Alteryx Server without having a license themselves.

Hope this helps!

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Cela 

you can refer to this official manual on how to use Alteryx Server.

https://help.alteryx.com/20221/server/use-alteryx-server-ui

Anyway first please connect to your Alteryx Server, then you can save(upload) workflow to Alteryx Server by "Save as" as if you save your workflow to local computer.

image.png

As for 2nd question, answer is YES. This is the advantage of Alteryx Server, which enables non-Alteryx users to run workflow without additional license. You just give users permission to run workflow, that's it.

If you are not Alteryx Server admin, your default role might be "Member" which role is not given a permission to upload workflow. In that case, please consult with your IT team or Server admin to change your role to AritsanCurator or higher. Then, you will be able to upload workflow.

Good luck!

Cela
8 - Asteroid

@FinnCharlton @gawa Thanks a lot guys! Both your descriptions are easy to understand.

I do have a different issue right now, though, which is that I receive an error prompt when trying to save the workflow on the server.
"Error: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. (1311)"

Are you guys familiar with this prompt by any chance?

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@Cela Sound to me like your PC cannot reach the Server, or something has gone wrong in the server setup. If you have an IT team I would speak to them about this, or check things like internet access for yourself and the server, firewall and security settings of the server machine, VPN status if necessary.

Amyra
5 - Atom

I want learn alteryx for enhance my technical skills. I am a job seeker for a Data analyst.

akulas42
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am not able to Server in save as option what could be the reason

Labels