Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import Excel File with Multiple Sheets and Union with Other Excel Files with similar Sheet

MDonnel8
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have approx. 40 excel files (in the same directory) each with 20 sheets in them. Each file has the same number of sheets, the same sheet names and each corresponding sheet name has the same format (i.e. sheet 1 has the same format in all files, sheet 2 has the same format in all files, etc. although sheet 1 and sheet 2 have different schema). 

I would like to union all the files by sheet name so that I can output one large file with all 20 sheets containing data from the 40 files. Is there a way I can do this? Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Michael

12 REPLIES 12
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@MDonnel8 .xls file will not work with the above macros. you have the options to change from .xls to .xlsx then that would be the simple way to solve the issues. please go through the below post regarding how to process .xls files

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Dynamic-Input-tool-use-of-xls-file-ext...

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@MDonnel8 I updated the input file from .xls to .xlsx and generated the output using the same workflow

binuacs_0-1674855304827.png

MDonnel8
7 - Meteor

This works thank you!

Labels