Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import Data from Multiple Excel files's Specific Sheets through Batch Macro

anwerm2
7 - Meteor

Hello - I know this is a common issue and there are lot of posts on this topic. I have a similar issue but slight different. I tried my best from community posting but was not able to resolve it.

I want to import 2 specific sheets which have different schema from multiple excel files (all files are saved in one folder) union them and then through batch macro combine all outputs. I want to open both sheets at the same time in my Macro Workflow so in the Input Data Tool I specified the name "West" and "South". When I run this workflow stand alone I am not getting any error. But when I run Main Workflow which has a directory tool & Batch Macro Tool  I am getting an error message "No sheet specified you must specify a sheet". I am confused why asking for specify a sheet when I already specified both sheets in Macro Workflow Input Data Tool.

anwerm2_0-1602694291122.png

I have attached both Main Workflow and Macro Workflow along with my two sample excel files. I would appreciate if some one help me in fixing this problem. Not sure which workflow need to be fixed.  It is my understanding that I do not need to use dynamic inputs tool as I am using the batch macro. Thank you in advance and hope some experts will help me. 

Muhammad Anwer

Note: I am using Alteryx version 2018.4 

If you need any another explanation please let me know.

11 REPLIES 11
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @anwerm2 

I tried out your macro it works fine for me.

Folder structure:

atcodedog05_0-1602742841606.png

Data is the folder where i have all the files

atcodedog05_1-1602742893183.png

When i run your app and set the path to this folder it works. 

atcodedog05_2-1602742944910.png

Referring to the location where files are saved.

Output:

atcodedog05_3-1602742989279.png

Please check and let me know. Make sure your folder has the .xlsx files

I have attached the zip folder. 

Hope this helps 🙂 feel free to reach out.

anwerm2
7 - Meteor

You are absolutely right my batch macro workflow is working fine. I tested it with my real excel source files. I don't know what I was doing wrong. Thanks you all for helping me 

Labels