Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If condition

vmanika8
7 - Meteor

Hello Folks,

Can anyone support me to solve below case? i believe we can achieve the result using formula tool but am not sure about the correct conditions to use. 

1.Introduce four new columns with name "Before, Before date, After, After date, Check"

Important note - below formula's should be applied only in the cells (C column) with less than zero value, considering all positive and negative values in above and below cells respective to that formulated cell. B column is in date ascending - not suppose to change the order.  

Formula used in excel

Before: =IF(A2=A1,C1,"NEW")

Before Date: =C2+D2

After: =IF(A2=A3,C3,"DB")

After Date: =C2+F2

3 REPLIES 3
Kottapally_Ramesh
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Can you provide excel sheet with the with the desired output you're expecting. it will be easy to understand the logics and we can apply the same logics in the workflow.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @vmanika8 

Here's the documentation for conditional statements in alteryx. The IIF statement is very similar to excel. It sounds like you'll need a mix of formula tools and multi-formula tools to accomplish your logic. Attach your workflow with what you've tried and we can help point you in the right direction. 

https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/conditional-functions

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @vmanika8 ,

as mentioned above, could you share your desired output with us? Or how you actually apply the Excel formulas in Excel itself?

In any case, I created an example of how your formulas could be implemented in Alteryx using your samples, see attached.

With the multi-row formula tool, you can reference rows above or below the current row.

Labels