Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identifying Approximate Date Matches for Start & End Date

jmorris24
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am working on a project around contracts and trying to identify what contract should be active. Unfortunately for me they didn't set up the system correctly. So I need to essentially identify sales orders where start date on 1 sales order is either equal to or close (within 8 days) to the end date on another order.

An example: If you look at the image below for the account name "Just another agency". There are multiple sales orders there. They all look active because their end dates are in the future. However only the renewal one is active. The way I know this is that the end date on some of them match the start date on the renewal but also because the end date on 2 of them are within 8 business days of the start date on the renewal. I essentially need to extract all of the cases in the data where that occurs so I can (deep sigh) manually look through the ones that are either exact matches for start and end date or within 8 days of the date. 

Bonus: Also, one other thing is if I look at the nodes in that same example, all of the other sales order their nodes add up to the Renewal one. This doesn't always work but typically if all of the logic above it true then this would be the confirmation.

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.40.42 AM.png

How would I go about solving this?

I have attached the sample data.

Thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hey @jmorris24 ,

I have mocked up a workflow that I think applies the criteria you have set and returns the active/non active sales order.

Do you mind if you check and let me know if it worked for you?

P.S. That's a really cool issue you are facing, but I think Alteryx will be your friend here

Cheers,

Angelos

jmorris24
7 - Meteor

This works perfectly. Thanks for the quick response and the help!

Cheers!

Jesse

Labels