Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Identify British & US English words in data

vinodbombale
7 - Meteor

Hello Team,

I am looking for a solution which can help me to identify US English words used in my data in British English.

For example in my data "paediatric" is spelled as "pediatric" which should get replaced with correct one (in my scenario with British English word).

My data is in excel file format.

Thanks

Vinod

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @vinodbombale,

Two options I would try is one using the find and replace tool:

IraWatt_0-1653382245262.png

Or two use an API to do this localization - Is there an API to convert US English (en_US) into UK English (en_GB)? - Stack Overfl...

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@vinodbombale As @IraWatt mentioned Find and Replace is one option. You can see more examples in the Find and Replace tool itself

Tool Mastery | Find Replace rechercher et remplacer suchen/ersetzen (alteryx.com)

binuacs_0-1653382776229.png

vinodbombale
7 - Meteor

Thanks you @IraWatt  @binuacs.

I was looking for automated solution rather using find replace. Setting Up API is the only Automated option available for this?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @vinodbombale :) in what sense is find and replace not automated, once you have the dictionary it should automatically work on any dataset? Here is a dictionary American-British-English-Translator/data at master · hyperreality/American-British-English-Translato... used on American English to British English Translator (codewordsolver.com). I believe they used wiki as the source. 

In terms of API you could write a script to fire text here Translate US English to UK English Converter Tool (infoenglish.net) and get a result.

Labels