Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

II_PushRecord Error

djoyus1
8 - Asteroid

Has anyone come across this error message before?

5-8-2017 10-05-17 PM.png

The output is to a MS SQL Server table (in the same database in which I've been working all day,FWIW).  Nothing special about this particular append-to table that I can see.

And it appears I've stumped Google with this one:

5-8-2017 9-59-16 PM.png

16 REPLIES 16
Saifulhadi
6 - Meteoroid

I've encountered the same problem and changing the size of data type really helps using select tools! thank you for the solution. Thank god we have this community, so i do not have to scratch my head till it turn bald haha

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

We started getting this error when we upgraded to 2020.3.8.  It wasn't present before this version and the solution is to just use Auto Field tool at the end of every workflow.  It's better than select because it will automatically take care of all text fields.  As a general practice, I put Auto Field tools at the start and end of all of my workflows to minimize data set size.

dfurlow
8 - Asteroid

This problem still exists as of May 2021.  Autofield saved a lot of time, and i manually shortened the length of all of the string fields, and then the write to SQL went smoothly.  Before that, though, it was a series of seemingly random errors, trying to write some fields, then other fields and getting non-specific error messages which didn't enlighten me OR solve the problem.   The Thrill of Solving, indeed!   

Thanks to the community for lightening the load, again.  Alteryx is a big complicated tool that can do everything, and usually someone knows how to do anything you can think of, but connecting those facts to achieve a solution is often fairly magical.    I really appreciate everyone sharing their expertise and experience.  Thank you.

renanandrade
5 - Atom

saved my day in 2022!!!

tomekz1283
5 - Atom

I receive this error when running my workflow via Alteryx Server but when I run the same exact workflow in Designer it yields a result. Why is the Server having an issue? 

tomekz1283_0-1671134640462.png

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @tomekz1283 

Can you add an auto field tool right before the output tool?

This may help you resolve the issue on the server machine.

Hope this helps. If it does, please like the post.

MukulMatkar007
5 - Atom

I am using the auto filled option for my flow as well while migrating the data into the SQL server. Can anyone tell me how autofill works?

What will be the impact on data for while doing it ?

Labels