Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

IF/AND filtering statements

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

I have a large dataset which I need filtered in the following manner:

If "Column C" has data, AND "Column G, H, or I show any data in the same row - keep the data

If "Column C" has data, AND "Column G, H, or I have no data/show null - remove the row

If "Column C" has no data - no action - keep the data

My apologies, this is hour 10 into Alteryx (and I am hooked).

I have successfully filtered based on *specific* outputs; however the values in these fields is not known and may not align with each-other.

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JoshuaElphee 
I interpreted as the only cretiria to remove data is as below

If "Column C" has data, AND "Column G andand and  I have no data/show null - remove the row

0428-JoshuaElphee.PNG

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Qiu,  In reading the code provided, it appears as though this would simply keep all rows which have data in each column.  I failed to clarify; if there is no data in column C, I must keep the row; however if there is data in column C, I need to keep the row if Column G OR Column H, OR Column I have data.

I believe I could accomplish this with an additional Isnull statement, a few parenthesis, and changing the second half to "OR" statements?

Thank you!

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @JoshuaElphee , think this should work. Put this in a filter tool and use the 'TRUE' anchor. Hope it helps! 

(
!IsNull([C])
AND
  (
  !IsNull([G])
  OR 
  !IsNull([H]) 
  OR
  !IsNull([I])
  )
)

OR

IsNull([C])

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!  This worked perfectly.

I hope to pay the assistance forward as I learn more.

Labels