Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I need to separate data that i grouped by in order to compare one column

nataliad18
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community! been a few weeks and now I am back with a tricky question.

I have grouped data and now I have a data set similar to this:

Pricing      Cost     Volume      Value         Name           Change

1                      0            0               0               ABC               -0.2

1                      0            0               0               DBC               -0.1

1                      0            0               0               XYZ               +0.7

1                      1            0               0               ABC               -0.4

1                      1            0               0               DBC               -0.7

1                      1            0               0               XYZ               +0.9

1                      0            3               0               ABC               -0.1

1                      0            3               0               DBC               -0.6

1                      0            3               0               XYZ               +0.5

My goal is to review the change differences for each "name" column that has the same pricing, cost, volume and value.

How could I do approach this?
Thank you so much!

Natalia.

9 REPLIES 9
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nataliad18 

It maybe be something like this. Can you provide some sample input and expected output it will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

atcodedog05_0-1635767331971.png

Hope this helps : )

nataliad18
8 - Asteroid

This looks great, but I need to keep all data for each "Name" and compare all the values within those pricing, value, costs etc..

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nataliad18 

Can you provide the expected output it will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

nataliad18
8 - Asteroid

Yes - so the input is actually thousands of rows and it is not as "clean" as the one i posted. My output expectation would be similar, but it can also be several outputs (as many as there are same "groups" of values, i.e it could be 

1                      0            0               0               ABC               -0.2

1                      0            0               0               DBC               -0.1

1                      0            0               0               XYZ               +0.7

1                      1            0               0               DBC               -0.7

1                      1            0               0               ABC               -0.4

1                      1            0               0               XYZ               +0.9

1                      0            3               0               DBC               -0.6

1                      0            3               0               ABC               -0.1

1                      0            3               0               XYZ               +0.5

The eventual goal is to also identify the "outliers", i.e if the change is smaller or bigger than 2% of the average change of that "group".

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nataliad18 

Try this workflow out.

atcodedog05_0-1635768383075.png

nataliad18
8 - Asteroid

Perfect - thanks!

Will accept it as a solution in a minute, but before a quick question, is there a way to then just work with data in one of the tables? (i.e will just take the first table and want to identify the changes below or above 2% average of all changes) 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nataliad18 

You can use the Tile tool it will number the groups for you. You can use a filter and select each group. 

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1635769293057.png

nataliad18
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot! Appreciated!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @nataliad18 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels