Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I need to analyze customer accounts and their day-to-day trends

ccano
8 - Asteroid

Use Case:

I need to analyze customer accounts and their day-to-day trends (Past Due Variances, Credit Usage Overages, and their overall Total Exposure amounts).

• My boss is used to doing this via excel and doesn’t like how Tableau displays the values he’s used to seeing.  I can arrange the dimensions as needed, BUT he only wants to see the Past Due Variance only ones (day over day) …. Not across the board.
  • I also need to display the credit usage overages in the same fashion as the Past Due Variance, I only need to show the difference between yesterday and today…. Not for the last 7 days.
  • But what I do need to display is a trail from the last 7 days on the Past Due amounts.

How can I display a current day measure, as a dimension instead, even though I'm also displaying a range of 6 days?  And two out of three measures are calculated fields.

Measure 1/ Calculation 1: Variance (it calculates the difference between today's overdue amount vs yesterday). I need to show this as a numerical dimension without any lagging numbers or nulls.

Measure 2/Calculation 2: Credit Overage (it calculates the difference between today's credit limit and yesterday's credit limit). I need to show this as a numerical dimension without any lagging numbers or nulls.

Measure 3 [standard default measure]: Exposure (I just need to display the current day amount, once again, as a numerical dimension).

2 REPLIES 2
pdave87
11 - Bolide

@ccano hi, sure we can help. I have few questions:

1 - Can you elaborate how each column is inter-dependent? I referred attached excel file wherein few days overdue value is not equal to exposer (i.e. appearing 'zero') but on somedays the exposer value is equal to overdue. What is the logic?

2 - Do you wish to represent credit limit as reducing balance each day (based on credit group number)?

3 - Standard exposer i.e. total exposer is already a numeric value, do you wish to represent this in currency "$" format?

Once I have this clarity, it will be easy to summarize your data by date or credit group numbers and we will be able to render the output as a report.

Pratik 

ccano
8 - Asteroid

Sure, thanks for the prompt response. 

1. CUST_CRDT_GRP_NBR is just the identifier for the account name.  CUST_GRP_CREDIT_LIMIT is the credit line amount for each account. There are some nulls (or blanks) but we can bypass those. 

2.Yes, reducing or increasing (that's what we're trying to identify here). 

3. Doesn't need to be displayed as currency format, but it wouldn't hurt to do so. 

Labels