Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hyperlinks are not displayed on Alteryx Gallery

pranavc
5 - Atom

Hi, 

TLDR: Cannot get a hyperlink to be displayed as output on the Gallery.

We have an Alteryx App which creates a table and the output is displayed on the Gallery. We are making use of the reporting tools to achieve this and are using the Render tool to write the data to .pcxml file. When there's only a table being written to the file, the table also gets displayed on the gallery.

We wanted to also show a link below the table for users to be able to navigate to, from the gallery page itself. For this, we added a Report text tool and added the link there, used a layout tool to adjust the view, and used the same Render tool. The problem is when we add the link, the output is not displayed on the gallery. If we remove the link and only add text, the output is again displayed with the table and the text. The link is visible in the output .pcxml file. Attached is a small workflow to replicate what we are trying to do. 

pranavc_0-1683737760187.png

pranavc_1-1683737826490.png

3 REPLIES 3
john_walker
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

What version of Alterxy are you using? I believe this is a known issue that surfaced recently with URLs being contained within PCXML outputs. I believe this issue first surfaced in 22.3 and was corrected in version 23.1 which is due out soon. You can submit an Alterxy support ticket if necessary for tracking. But I believe this should be fixed in 23.1.

pranavc
5 - Atom

The version is 2022.3.1.430 so it means this is a known issue in the version.

Do we have any timeline for when would be the next release?

john_walker
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

23.1 is slated for release on or around May 17 (subject to change). I would still recommend opening a support ticket in the event your issue is not resolved - support may have more information on this topic. 

Please mark this as resolved if it has answered your questions. Thank you!

John

Labels