Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to use Survival Analysis and Survival Score Tools?

jt98
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

Im trying to do a survival analysis on the data, to see what is the restricted mean of the number of months before a contracts is cancelled.

I have limited knowledge and could not find useful resources on how to use Survival Score tool, and I do not understand the error message it produced.

Would appreciate if someone could help me to understand how it operates, thanks in advance!

Included a demo workflow for reference and hope someone can guide me

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This series of articles might be best for you! Survival Analysis, Part 3: Using Alteryx - Alteryx Community

jt98
7 - Meteor

Hi Alex,

I have read the series of Articles before but it doesn't explain how the Survival Score tool works. It only explains Survival Analysis tool.

Funnily enough, the author of that series of articles has posted a similar help request for Survival Score Tool here but it was not resolved

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Survival-Score-Tool-error/td-p...

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Fair enough, I haven’t used either tool but I would assume just like the regular Score tool, you pass through your test data set from your create samples tool and your model from your survival analysis tool into the survival score tool. 

The workflow from the other article illustrates this well. However, if the same error is occurring, it might be worth a Support ticket since it seems like it has not been resolved in a while.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Based on the workflow I see, you need that Create Samples tool to split that data! Usually 80-20, 90-10, etc.

Labels