Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to use Functions with 40+ values in excel

TOzirsky
7 - Meteor

I have an excel file with 1000's of Email addresses and want to add "y" to an Exclude column in that excel file when the email address contains or equals or begins with 40+ options that are in another excel file, sample attached. How can I do this using the Contact Exclusions excel file versus typing the exclusions into Alteryx Formula tool?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@TOzirsky This can be archived with the help of the dynamic tool. 

binuacs_0-1652132280875.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

The following should work, basically using the find and replace as a lookup and if it finds the exclusion expressions in the email field it will append the 'y' flag to the record.

If you're precious about the other rules being specific then for the 'equals' exclusion, you can split these out into another lookup table and run the same method with 'Entire Field' selected in the Find & Replace tool configuration, likewise with 'Beginning of Field' for the 'begins with' exclusions.

DataNath_0-1652132600117.png

TOzirsky
7 - Meteor

When I use more than one field the Dynamic Replace tool gives me a Parse error: An operator must be between operands. How can I resolve this?

TOzirsky
7 - Meteor

Using Find Replace tool requires me to add another tool whenever the Field I am doing the find on changes or the condition changes. I am looking for a way to use one excel file for various field names and conditions.

Thank you

Labels