Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to take screenshot of complete workflow

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi community,

I would like to ask if there is any way to take complete screenshot of worklfow so that it cover all workflow.Currently i minimise the view and take the sreenshot but it become very small.

SH_94_0-1675502331066.png

would like to ask if there is a way to export the whole worklfow view in the image or pdf or word file.

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

You have an option to export the workflow to PDF format.

That will help.

File -> Print -> Output to PDF

Many thanks

Shanker V

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @SH_94 

RobertOdera_0-1675516888972.png

RobertOdera_1-1675516951085.png

• First set up Print Settings: File --> Print Settings
  • Second print to PDF option: File --> Print

Suggested configurations are attached.

With PDF you can zoom in or out hence preserving legibility.

You might also consider updating your workflow Meta info (below), and hopefully, that will get captured in your PDF header or footer.

RobertOdera_2-1675517131353.png

Please credit @ShankerV  response by marking it as an acceptable solution.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 can I suggest you use the Auto Documentation tool it will take screenshot of your workflow and provide documenation as well. It might be overkill for your request however thought I highlight it.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @JosephSerpis ,

This is something new thing to me. May i know how to use the Auto Documentation tool and how this different with other method proposed .?

Many thnaks for the support.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 the link provided has all the information related to how it work however the tool scans your workflow and take snapshots of your workflow and provides documentation of your workflow at different stages and output to a PDF file.

Labels