Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to search all workflows for specific comnnections

craigja
8 - Asteroid

I have installed the API tools and have downloaded all my workflows, I now want to be able to search through these for specific connection strings.  Is there an easy way to do this?  At the moment, all workflows are downloaded as ZIP files, I then use Python to extract the workflow from the zip and change the extension to XML but Im not sure how to parse the complete XML to look for specific strings

5 REPLIES 5
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @craigja you can use Alteryx to read in the workflows as xml to then parse out to find the connections you are searching for.

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Yeah its the parsing section im struggling with, might have got somewhere - if I clikc return root and child values, I get one field that looks like it contains the full XML.  I am going to search that

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you parse the xml of the workflows as a CSV in a Input Data tool with a delimteter of \n you get the xml in one field across many lines so that should help you search the xml to search for the connection.

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

See the following article for a great workflow that automates the process of searching all Server workflows for a specific DB connection (using OAuth2 available in 2021.4+):

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Search-Gallery-Workflows-for-Connecti...

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @craigja 

You may also try this tool Finder, here is its link FINDER 3.0 - Search all your workflows contents for keywords, tools, inputs, outputs etc 

You can customise this tool for your needs.

hth

Arnaldo

Labels