Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to save output excel file directly as per whom runs the alteryx workflow?

MariaDonna
6 - Meteoroid

Let's say , Currently I  send my alteryx workflow to someone and it did not run successfully because she needs to update the file path for the output.

I wanted to make automatic or not needing to update a output file path.

Is there a way?

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@MariaDonna 
Use relative path like below, the result will be saved at the same folder of the workflow.

Qiu_0-1608288821578.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MariaDonna,

You can use relative path like @Qiu mentioned but in this particular case you aren't able to send the workflow via e-mail.

You aren't able just to share the location where the workflow is located? If you could do that then the relative path solution will work for you. 

MariaDonna
6 - Meteoroid

thank you very much Qiu-san. 😄 Is it the same concept with the Input?

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MariaDonna,

Yes it is the same concept for the input.

Just please remember that the workflow needs to be saved in the same folder as it was saved previously to make it work for the input. 

Relative path is using the location of the file in order to identify where are the data inputs and the data outputs.

That is why the folder structure must be exactly the same so in my own opinion it will not work for someone straight away if he will just open the file that was send via e-mail.

In my team we are always sending a location of the workflow if we want other people to run something/check it. Thanks to that the relative path will work without issue. 

If you will send it via e-mail the and you will open it from e-mail without saving the file in the same place it was it will not work for you. 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@MariaDonna 
Thats correct.

if you need to output to some speficifed folder.

just do like '.\output\Test.xlsx'.
Appreciate if you would mark our answer as accept if you find it useful.😁

Labels