Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to modify macro to read multiple PDF Files in the same Workflow/Input Data Node?

HW1
9 - Comet

Hi,

I am using the Read PDF tool from Alteryx Gallery 

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/PDF-Input--Text-and-Image-/5be5ec8d0462d71ffce6deaa

This tool can read one pdf file for one run which works great however, I have developed a workflow that parses invoices.

One workflow is designed to parse one customer's invoice and many times one customer has hundreds of invoices for a month and in the same identical format.

I don't want to:

1. Duplicate the tool (manually) for the times equivalent the number of invoices in a folder
  2. Run the same workflow for a new invoice every time.

Hence, how can I modify this macro so that it reads all the pdf files from one folder and concats the output to a single dataframe thus making my life a lot easier?

Help would be highly appreciated.

For an example, please find packaged workflow attached and I would be happy to answer any questions promptly.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hi,

You'll have to change the directory to whatever directory you want to get the macro to run. Or in the alternative - you can change it into an app and attach a folder browse & action tool to the directory tool. That will allow the user to change the directory and run the macro on that directory.

If your question is about the batch macro app - as long as the entire path is being replaced/updated I do not think the directory listed in the initial settings of the control parameter/action tool matter. They will be updated with whatever comes through the control parameter. If there is a problem then the full path would have to be passed through instead of the filename.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

also - check out macros under options/user settings and make sure your path is there. That should allow you to put macros on your tool palette I think.

Labels