Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to manipulate reporting tools to create a named index

kelseyfalls
6 - Meteoroid

Hello! 

I am writing a ton of sheets to one render tool on multiple tabs in a single output using layout/union and it's working great. However, I am then trying to extract all of my tab names from my single union tool and create an index with text inputs, but I can't figure out how to loop this back into my single render tool. I figured I have two options:

1. See if you super smart folks can help me figure out how to loop the data back into my single render tool

2. Just use a second render tool but still write to my same file (not sure if this is an option though)

I created a dummy workflow which is incomplete - I have two tabs of data flowing to a single render tool and then I'm trying to extract the tab names to create the index and loop back into the render tool, but I have only gotten so far as to extract the tab names.

Any help is so greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @kelseyfalls 

Can you please provide a sample of what the final version of this data should look like?
This will help the Community to better troubleshoot what you are looking to have done.

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @kelseyfalls 

I don't know if this is what you mean. You were missing on the layout tool to select the layout mode to be on "each group of records".

Regards

Labels