Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to indicate data such as null or zero values for empty output

SJDC
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Team,

Can you help me on how to indicate 'Null' or 'Zero' Value for an empty output data as shown in the below screenshot as I still need to include this data in the final output file even if it's empty or no data found.

SJDC_0-1630491539295.png

Thank you in advance for your help

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SJDC 

You can use the count records tool to get row count. Based on that you can take action. Let me what are you looking for what output you want when there is no data i can help you out with it.

atcodedog05_0-1630492647338.png

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@SJDC 

As @atcodedog05 recommended, the Record Count tool is useful in this case because you'll always get a record even when the data stream it's added on has none. you can then use the Append tool to add that count, but it's important on how you make your connections, see image below. In the append tool, you'll also want to adjust the option indicated to allow all appends.

jrgo_0-1630501286146.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

As @jrgo mentioned my approach would have be similar it depends on what you want to do when you get null rows.

SJDC
6 - Meteoroid

@jrgo  and @atcodedog05  Thank you for all your help, this solution works in my workflow! 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @SJDC 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels